Telehealth allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There's no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device.
The Guidance Group has a secure, encrypted Telehealth platform embedded in SimplePractice, our client portal. All clients who have active portal accounts are able to access Telehealth counseling / therapy with minimal set-up. Clients who have not yet set up a portal account can do so in less than 5 minutes by providing The Guidance Group with a preferred email account.
What equipment do I need?
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home or another private location, you will need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam, speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM OR
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM OR
- Tablet device with built-in webcam and speakers, OR
- Smartphone with at least iOS 10 or Android 6.0 (Note: To use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice - available for iOS or Android in the app store.)
- You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
What if I don’t have internet access?
Your Guidance Group therapist or staff will talk with you about your unique circumstances and develop a plan to maintain contact / support until office-based services can be resumed. This may involve contact via telephone.
SimplePractice has provided a Getting Started Guide - Telehealth by SimplePractice FAQ, which accessible to all interested clients.